Alex Bykov (UA)
1. 11. 2021 – 1. 12. 2021
Alex Bykov is a professional architect studying the legacy of Soviet Urban Planning, Ukrainian architecture of independence times, sacred Ukranian architecture. In his works he try to study not only the history of the development of a particular object or epoch, but to find the connections in it and integrations with the rest of life: economics, sociology, politics, science etc.
In 2008 graduated Kyiv University of Construction and Architecture with architectural master's degree.
During 2006- 2012 worked in different architectural and design studios in Kyiv.
In 2012 began own practise. In 2013 along with colleagues organized design group “Pomanifestu”.
During last years Bykov worked as a photographer and architectural journalist in the magazine "Object" and others professional journals.
In 2016 was an editor of O.Ranchukov architectural photography book about Kyiv "Over the Roof" (2016).
Alex have his own radio show "Supervision " about architecture, urban planning and product design.
He is co-founder and member of activists group "Savekyivmodernism" that is struggling against demolishing of modernists buildings in Kyiv.
Alex Bykov is co-author of book "Soviet Modernizm, Brutalism, Post-modernizm. Buildings and Structures in Ukraine 1955-1991" in collaboration with Eugeniia Gubkina, "Osnovy Publishing " (Kyiv, Berlin 2019)
Besides architectural design he also engaging in architectural scientific and research activities:
- Co-curator of exhibition "Anatomia Europy" Ukranian pavilion (Lodz, Poland, 2014)
- Co-curator of exhibition "Superstructure" (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2015)
- Curator of exhibition "Wooden Monumental Architecture of the Left Bank of Ukraine" (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2015)
- Co-curator at the conference "Modernists" (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2016)
- Director of short film "Tempo Constanta" (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2016)
- Artist at Kyiv Biennale of young artists. Project "Kyiv Legalize" (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2017)
- Artist at exhibition "Market relations" (Kyiv Ukraine, 2017)
- Artist at exhibition "Construction". Project "Lenin the Mushroom" (with "DE NE DE" art group. Dnipro, Ukraine, 2018)
- Artist at exhibition "Neighborhoods". Project "Museum of Architecture" Warsaw, Poland, 2018)
- Artist at exhibition "Dezelenization" (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2019)
- Co-curator of exibition "Modus Coloris Syntez" (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2019)
- Artist at Ksenia Hnylytska exhibition "ALABASTER ATLAS" (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2019)
- Artist at Kyiv Art Week (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2019)
- Curator of "5.6 magazine" issue 1111 "Architecture. Community. Time" (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2019)
- Co-author of book “Othodox Chic” together with Oleksandr Burlaka and Sasha Kurmaz , "Osnovy Publishing " (Kyiv, 2020)