Brno Artists in Residence is happy to announce an Open Call for visual artists, curators or theoreticians of any nationality for one month residency stay in The Brno House of Arts, Czech Republic.
We search for three artists, curators or theoreticians for one-month residency in March 2020,
June 2020 and July 2020.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT BRNO ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE
The Brno Artists in Residence is the project of The Brno House of Art. Since 2016 the residency program has become one of the key constituents of the Brno House of Arts concept. The third floor of the House of the Lords of Kunštát, refurbished so that to accommodate the residency program, offers facilities for the stay and work of artists in three studios.
The Brno House of Arts international residency program has been launched with the objective to develop opportunities for an exchange of ideas and opinions between the Czech and international arts scenes. Visual artists in various disciplines, curators and theoreticians in the field of contemporary art are invited to take part in the residencies. Residency program has closer interconnection with the Gallery G99 as a space for presentations of selected residents’ works in form of exhibitions.
Date of the residence
1st – 31st March 2020
1st – 30th June 2020
1st – 31st July 2020
The Brno House of Arts provides
– artistic stipendium: 10 000 CZK in gross + per diem 300 CZK;
– accommodation and studio at House of the Lords of Kunštát, Dominikánská 9, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic;
– available technical equipment and workshops.
– to stay in Brno at least 75% of time;
– participate on program organize by The Brno House of Arts for its residents;
– communication languages are English and Czech.
The artist undertakes to elaborate a final report with photographic documentation from the course of the residency.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications have to include the following documents (in PDF only).
– letter of intent explaining why do you apply, what you expect and what you would like to focus on during the residence (max. 3 000 characters);
– brief informative curriculum vitae, including contact information (max. 1 page);
– portfolio (max. 10 MB).
Videos/films – we recommend to provide links to your own website, Vimeo page, youtube page, etc. Please do not send video files.
- Accepted candidates are required to use the residence in its full length during the following fixed periods.
- Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until: 17th November 2019
- Please send your application with subject "International Open Call – Brno AIR 2020" to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Results of the Open Call will be announced till 15th December 2019 at The Brno House of Arts websites:dum-umeni.cz and at Facebook page of the Residences: facebook.com/BrnoAiR.
- Candidates will be contacted about the results neither by phone nor email.
For more information, please contact
Šárka Telecká at email@example.com or Jan Langer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brno House of Arts is a contributory organisation funded by the Statutory City of Brno.
The artist´s residency is financially supported by the Czech Ministry of Culture.